Sunday 22 May 2011

Körmend

Met up with Hobo in the pub about 8am. Its a bit early for beer, even for me, so I had a coffee. Two reasons to go to Körmend this week.

  1. Need some money for the week
  2. To get the paint for the fence. 
I mentioned to Hobo that I wanted the fence done and he worked out the quantities we needed. The bridge is still out so the 1st stop in town is just outside the local school whereas normally this is the second stop (which I've never used). I went to the nearest ATM which surprisingly, wasn't where hobo thought it was. I went to get the cash while Hobo went off to get the beers in!

Met Hobo in a bar I'd never been in. i was quite pleased to have understood enough Hungarian to follow his instructions! He said that about 9am the people from the shop come in for a beer and we'd go over when they went back.

It was a different story from the last time I was in the shop looking for tile grout. This time no looking up stuff in the dictionary.

We got all the paint and Hobo said he'd arrange to have it picked up. i was relieved at that as the one can was bigger that the one we got in Budapest.

Went off to do some shopping while Hobo said he'd meet up in the bar in an hour.

Two hours later and its getting time to get the bus so I left the bar and went to the bus stop. Met a load of locals from the village who asked what I was doing. 'Waiting for Hobo' I said, at which point they all laughed so him not turning up would be the norm rather than the exception! (Reminds me of someone back home who swears blind he'll meet you somewhere and not turn up)

No comments:

Post a Comment