Friday 17 June 2011

Strimming

Did some strimming today. I noticed that the Walnut tree's fruit were a lot bigger than last time I looked, in fact they looked a bit bigger than the lot I harvested last year for pickling. When the strimmer ran out of petrol I took the opportunity of harvesting the walnuts. I got about 8L (last year I had 3 half-litre jars of pickled walnuts so this is a big increase). I just got all the ones in easy reach thinking that I can get the rest as walnuts when they fall off later in the year.

I then went back to strimming after mixing up a fresh batch of 2 stroke fuel and oil.


It was only after I finished that I realised that today was Friday and not Thursday so I wouldn't be going to Körmend tomorrow after all. Bugger! Means I'll have to pedal there Sunday to get some cash.

I got a nice collection of bites and nettle stings, hard to tell which is which to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment