Thursday 1 April 2010

Potatoes

Finally dug enough of the potato plot to start some planting. We'd gone to Tescoes yesterday and got some manure which I intend to use to line the bottom of the potato trench. If nothing else it'll improve the fertility of the garden.

Apparently, Colorado Beetle is a big pest out here. To the extent that its not notifiable as everyone has it.

Out of the 5 egg-boxes full of seed potatoes I had, I used 2. I managed to almost double the size of the bed with my daily double digging stint. To be honest I was quite surprised so I think my fitness is improving, I know my tan is!

So, another 2 boxes can go in and it looks like there's very achievable target for this weekend to to plant out all the potatoes. I can then start another bed for my other vegetables that I want to start off (Peas and such like)

Vegetable Plot

A view of the Fruit plot.

Vegetable Plots

Last years plot with the onion/carrot plot at the top. You may just make out the fruit plot on the right hand side.

Oh yes, this is the 1st anniversary of me leaving work. Since then I've bought a new house, emigrated, continued to learn a new language, made new friends and pretended I'm Tom Good and started my own version of "The Good Life".

No comments:

Post a Comment