Tuesday 14 September 2010

Interesting Day

I caught the early bus into Körmend today, the 8:30 one. I was short of cash all weekend and had a lot to do.

I got the money then wandered down to the Monday market. I bought some socks but I have no idea if they'll fit. Funny thing, all the Hungarian phrase books I carry around with me and no of them have a conversion table for English to European sizes! I later found one in the tourist guide to Budapest.

From the market I made my way to Tescos. On the way there, someone stopped to ask directions. I've been dreading this but the first thing they said was "Sprechen Sie Deutch" (sp?) I replied in my virtually non existant German "no, I'm english" but with there map and me pointing a lot I was able to tell them to turn around and go right at the round about. (I wasn't entirely sure if this was the right way but it would send them to Zala County where half the towns, including the one they wanted, started with Zala-. On the bus back I checked that the town they were after was, in fact, on a signboard)

In Tescos, I got a pizza dish and some odds and sods.

Left me with 2 hours before catching the bus. Hmmm, what to do? After a few nano seconds I decided on 'Pub' and went to one on the corner near the subway in Körmend. Had a coffee 1st. Saw more of these lunch-pails. Seems to be a common thing. Some people paid, others just collected them.

No comments:

Post a Comment