Thursday 21 October 2010

I decided to have one of the new sausages for tea so I got them out of the freezer this morning to let them thaw. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to wrap them up before freezing so they were frozen into one solid mass to the plate I'd put them on. I put a big knife to the bottom of the heap to break them loose but, of course, the lot just skipped along the top of the table.

So I braced them up against my stomach and got ready to have another go. It suddenly occurred to me that, minus the sausages, I was in a perfect seppuku position! Ah, better idea, brace them against something other than my stomach when I'm going to smack a really sharp object into them with some force!

Eventually broke them all apart, with the help of a kitchen steel used as a lever but broke one of the sausages into 3. Well that saved me picking one, the broke one was first to be cooked. I had it with potatoes and pickled red cabbage, which I think is traditional here or my translation was off.

No comments:

Post a Comment