Saturday 16 October 2010

Saturday

Interesting morning. Yesterday we had a bit of a power cut and I forgot to reset the alarm. I still woke up at 6am due to a terrible noise coming from across the street. I've only heard it twice before and its the noise a pig makes when it knows the next 5 minutes aren't in its best interests. Bloody dog was barking like a good 'un too.

I think it was the bang that finally persuaded me that I wasn't going to have a lay on so up I got. At least the dog stopped barking.

I cleaned the verge in front of the house of grass clippings. The grass had been cut a couple of days ago and I decided the let them dry a bit before picking them up. I noticed that not all the houses did the same but seeing how much grass was in the drainage ditch I thought that it was best to clear it out as the was easy enough to cause a blockage if we had rain.

It never occured to me until the evening but Lajos the carpenters mum lives opposite but when he came to the back door with a load of sausages (thats the hungarian name, they're actually a species of black pudding) that I connected with the pig killing this morning. Very fresh sausages indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment