Monday 25 July 2011

Monday

After short commons on the weekend I caught the half eight bus into Körmend to get some cash. I also needed some things in the shops that can't easily be got in the village such as pepper. (On a side-note, the Hungarian for "pepper" is paprika but this refers to what we'd call in the UK either 'bell pepper' or 'chili pepper', but what we refer to as 'pepper', the stuff in condiments, is called 'fekete bors', which as near as I can tell is 'black powder')

Met one of the villagers and explained I had no money was was here to get some. Did my shopping and decided to go to a local bar for a drink while waiting. Its friendly in that the bloke behind the bar greets you as you come in and seems pleased to serve you, whereas the other pubs seem to act as if they're doing you a favour by letting you come in.

I had just calculated that I'd be able to have 3 quiet drinks before the bus came so had bought my 3rd when the village guy came in and bought me a drink! Well that was the evening cancelled, when I got back I just sawed some firewood for a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment