Tuesday 24 November 2009

Körmend

Went to Körmend again. Not the usual driver so I had to tell him what I wanted. He asked me something that sounded like "éges" which I assume is "one way" way. I said yes and got the usual ticket. I'll have to look into this.

Brilliantly sunny and had to take my winter top off on the way to Tesco. The weather can really catch you out as this morning my breath steamed and I had gloves on!

I got some cheap speakers for my PC and now I have Mono! <*sigh*>

I caught the bus back and again the driver asked the same question. If there is a return then it might be cheaper to get. (I say "might" as, even in the UK, its not a given.)

Got some curry powder from Tescos. This a was an easy one, for a change, as the Hungarian for "curry" is "curry"! So tomorrow chicken curry half and half!

I went to the pub about half past six (when I got there) and was immediately marched of to some bloke "Leslie" to get a litre of distilled, erm, stuff. It was dispensed from what appeared to be a 5 gallon fuel container!

We had a couple of toasts to seal the deal and I was feeling a bit dizzy by the time we went back to the pub. Not looking forward to tomorrow. A litre of a vodka equivalent for about eight quid.

2 comments:

  1. "Egyes", maybe? "Single"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly sure I wrote it down as it sounded but given the context egyes makes sense so I probably mis-heard.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete