Friday 28 May 2010

Mowing

Found out in the pub that if you let the front yard get untidy, you can get a fine of about 50,000 HUF (over £150). I'd let mine go a bit as I was waiting for Hobo to turn up and do the rotavating before I converter my transformer machine into a mower. So I set mowing the yard as a priority job. Mowed all the easy bits then strimmed the rest. Found out my maths was a bit out with the oil/petrol mix by a factor of 40!

After I'd finished, and was getting a drink of water, there was a knock at the door. Expecting Hobo I found Miki, the local handyman. well, when I say "handyman" I mean in the Norman Wisdom sense, ie not at all.

I told him there was no work and he seemed to accept this but then went into some long speech about something or other and in the end I had to give him 2,000 HUF just to bugger off!

Mentioned it to Steve that night, mainly cos Miki told me not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment