Monday 7 June 2010

Bin day

Ccaught me out today. i was in bed thinking I ought to be doing something when I heard "rumble, rumble, rumble" and realised that I should be putting the bin out! As they only turn up once a fortnight, it's a chore that can't be left.

Planted out my Ukrainian tomato plants. Apparently, this variety has purple fruit rather than red. The American ones that I planted at the same time are barely 2" high. even so I'll probably pot them on, especially as planting the Ukrainian ones has freed up some pots.

Went to Town with the object of getting some ring spanners (for the transformer machine) and some 10W-30 oil (ditto). In Tescos they had the ring spanners and, as extra insurance, I got an adjustable spanner too. The oil I didn't get. Seems like the only type I can get is 10W-40. Given the temperatures in the summer I guess this will do?

Later on, in the pub, I explained to Hobo the problem with the wheels and the shield thingy and he said he'd turn up tomorrow evening to take a look. I'll have to get some beers in, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment