Wednesday 16 June 2010

Tomatoes

I've got about 11 tomato plants on the go at the moment and have another 8 that I'll want to plant when they're ready. The 8 are really slow to grow but I re-potted them today so maybe that will spur them on. The other variety I planted at the same time, and are now planted out, are Ukrainian and have purple fruits. The slow lot are American and are supposed to be near dry inside and are used to make tomato paste or concentrate.

I tied off some of the plants and pruned the leaves of the large ones I have growing in a container.

I made some French Onion Soup in the evening. Forgot just how much work is involved. Well, the only work is chopping the onions but you then have to caramelise them and then simmer them in stock for an hour. I was late to the pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment