Wednesday 12 August 2009

Main Square


Main Square
Originally uploaded by A John Walters

Today I had a lift with my parents to Szombathely. I was going to go to the immigration office to try and get the permits to stay here.

I'd spent the last few weeks collecting all the bits of paper and certificates required to get the registration card and address card. It took about an hour not least because of the large amount of paperwork that needed to be done but also there was only one card printer/laminater in the office.

Bizarrely, the staff had to fill in paper check list to show that they had completed the data entry on the computer properly. Back home the computer itself would do this sort of thing. We called it validation.

Anyway, after about an hour I got the 1st card with my address on it and the second will be posted. Again, rather oddly, you need 2 different cards which together act as an ID but are useless individually as ID although there are other uses for them.


Plague Column
Spent another hour wandering around the Main Square

No comments:

Post a Comment