Sunday 30 August 2009

Bin Day!

Got up early as today is the bi-weekly bin collection day. (Note your diaries to remind me when the next one is please!) Of course, they didn't turn up til 12:30.

As the morning was nice and cool, I thrashed around the side lawn with the scythe. Unfortunately I hit a bolt on the septic tank cover. Knocked a square shaped hole out the blade! Had to have a go with the ball peen hammer and try and re-shape it. It works ok now but drags a bit. It'll get better as the blade get resharpened over time.

Peas are coming along great, ate some more off the plants. Dont think many will make it to the kitchen. Also had a fresh apple.

The beans though, are giving me trouble. The flowers are going black and falling off but there is now bean inside. Then the plant turns yellow and dies. Lost 4 so far and no idea what's wrong. I'll take a closer look tomorrow see if I can spot anything crawling on them.

scythed part of the plot nearest the house and built a miniature haystack!

The Japanese Knotweed is coming along fine too, unfortunately, although i think I killed off a single nettle so it wasn't a complete waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment