Monday 5 October 2009

Non Bin Day Monday

Did about a half hours scything today. Not much, but I seem to be slowly catching up on the grass. Added more material to my haystack and collected some walnuts. I have some photos which I need to sort out before posting.

Walnuts

I went to Kormend and got some vegetables and spices. The idea is to make some piccalilli for the winter. Spent the rest of the day cooking and washing up. At least I have Guinness to look forward to when I put my feet up.

I noticed all the beans have died and the peas have started drying out/ dying off for winter. I'll probably dig them in tomorrow.

2 Projects to do before the end of the month: Measure out and dig some holes for 3 more apple trees; and open out a plot for over-winter onion sets

No comments:

Post a Comment