Wednesday 21 October 2009

Shopping

Decided to go to Körmend today and restock the vegetables. This is the worst part of coming out here so late in the year instead of May, when I wanted. I now have to buy all my food until I can harvest my own next July onwards. I'm burning through about 40,000 forints a month which I certainly cannot keep up forever.

I recognised the bus driver and he obviously recognised me as he simpy said "Jó napot, Körmend?" so I didn't even have a chance to practice my Hungarian and just said "Igen, köszi". (Yes. Thanks)

Anyway, went to Lidls this week. Unfortunately, the only spuds on offer were in 25Kg bags so that was out. Got some eggs as I was low and some milk. The veg looked good so next week I may do a "pickle" run and get the ingredients for a huge piccalilli cook off.

Still felt rough when I got back home so haven't fully recovered yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment