Wednesday 7 October 2009

Summer again

According to the forecast it was going to be a scorcher today but as it was overcast I pottered about inside and by the time I got out it was Summer all over again!

Caught the bus to Kormend. This is the second trip of the week and mainly so I could get some paint and stuff so I can do the windowsills in the main bedroom. As the paint is peeling all over the place I though best do it now before winter well and truly settles in.

I managed to get through asking for gloss paint without using my phrase-book or dictionary. Admittedly I'd written it down but i must have said it right as the woman in the shop didn't sneak a peek. Looking at it its "high gloss" or possibly "tall gloss"

While waiting for the bus, some bloke come up to me and proceed to pull some wool or something out of a briefcase. I thought "He's either gonna sell me something or he's a nutter." (I tend to attract both for some reason)

So I stopped his spiel in mid sentence by saying, "I don't understand, I'm English"... well I didn't actually say that as I said it in Hungarian but there you go. He said "Excuse me" and off he went.

I really need to learn some Hungarian swear words.

No comments:

Post a Comment