Tuesday 27 October 2009

Tuesday

Normally, these days, I seem to get up 4am and manage to fall asleep just as the alarm goes off at 5:30. Today was different. Woke up at 3am. Not an improvement, let me tell you. Pulled a back muscle or something.

I went to the shop about 6am for the usual bread and milk. The shopkeeper threw me by giving a choice of bread; half-brown or pink. Something may have been lost in the translation but I went with half-brown. I'd taken about 40 forints worth of 5 coins and this, by coincidence, was the amount the bill was over a round 100. 240 in all so the shopkeeper got some coins now.

Pottered about all day then went to the pub.

Oh, I finished off the last of the chicken. These days a chicken does me for about 4-5 meals before there's just the bones and whatnot left. This I freeze until I have 3 carcasses and then I make chicken stock of it. If I had pigs then I'd feed the solids after straining them out of the stock and I'd be wasting nothing from the chicken which is my long-term aim..

No comments:

Post a Comment