Thursday 29 October 2009

Shopping

Went to Körmend for some stuff today. got onions potatoes and some meat for a Goulash on the weekends ('Gulyásleves' or "Cowboy Soup" as they call it here) The sky looked a bit threatening on the way to Tescos and, sure enough, it started raining on the way to the bus stop.

I had a thought on the way that I really shouldn't be buying bulky stuff from Tescos instead of the shop as any savings I make are eaten up by the bus ticket. So only rare or small items from now on. This would include beans and essentials like Guinness. Guinness, unfortunately, is colossally expensive so I really have to cut down on my once a month tipple. For the price of one 440 ml can I can buy three 500ml bottles of expensive local beer like Dreher. Put like that its a non contest really.

Got on the bus and... well I easily found a seat which after the past few weeks of struggling past kids who wont move out the way it made a bit of a change. Schools must be off again or something.

Had beans on toast for tea. I discovered what I'd bought a few weeks ago thinking it was chilli powder was in fact chilli seeds. I'll have to think about grinding them up.

Had some Guinness

No comments:

Post a Comment