Friday 18 December 2009

Holiday!

I haven't blogged recently as I don't like putting stuff like "I'm off on holidays spare key under the mat, burgle as much as you like." Kinda thing.

Today was travelling day so I caught the 7am bus to Körmend and then got a ticket. I'm not sure of the pronunciation of the words to ask for a ticket,t so I'd taken the precaution of writing them down on a card so I simply should the woman selling the tickets.

Only had to wait 10 minutes before he train pulled in and then 4 hours until Budapest.

I think I slept most of the way 'cos I don't remember a conductor coming around and the ticket was in the same pristine unpunched condition as when I bought it.

Once I got out the train, at Keleti station, there where the usual taxi drivers touting for business. I hardly need a taxi when I can see the flipping hotel from where I'm standing. Plus, I know the transport system in Budapest sufficiently well that I wouldn't use a taxi anyway.

I got to the hotel to book in and told the receptionist that I didn't have a passport and he said that my ID card would be OK. As I'd never used them before I had to ask him which one was the ID one. He picked up the one and said "this one" and then his eyes came out on stalks as he said, "You LIVE in Hungary!?"

I got to my room and had a quick shower before going to Deák Tér to get a burger. There's no point in even trying Hungarian in this place as they all speak English and they simply want to get you served and out the way as fast as possible.

Afterwards went back to my hotel and crashed out. I reckon i was dehydrated as the train was boiling, the sort of temperature cats and women like ie far too hot.

In the evening went to the bar but 3 bottles later the fun had gone out of it as I worked out how much beer back home I could by for the same price. Went and got a few cans from a corner shop and returned to my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment