Monday 14 December 2009

Monday

The weather forecasts fort he past week have all been a bit cool but this week was predicted to sub zero even in the day. When i looked out the door it was snowing. small powdery stuff, not like the big wet flakes we get in Britain but the small stuff we get when it means business!

I've managed to finish copying my CDs onto the pc. Theres a few miassing but I will doubtless find them when I'm sorting them out. Managed to put the in piles by letter before I went to Kormend so nearly do on that score. I've now cleared a way to my other front door.

Since I was going to Kormend to get some supplies in I decided that thermals would be the in thing. It was worrying as the snow rapidly built up to a thickness that would stop public transport in its tracks, about 3mm. Didn't seem to bother the Hungarians much.

I passed the Christmas market in Kormend again. I would have taken a photo but only 2 of the stalls were open. (One of them a jewellery store selling "silber". That would have been an interesting one as I don't speak German!)

Had a pizza for tea and went to the pub. Oops! I broke my key in the front door lock! I shut it carefully and then went to the pub. I explained what happened and in short order found myself back at my house with a bloke with some toolas and a couple of cylinders. After a fair amount of fiddling, he got the old cylinder out and put the new one in! Great new front door lock!

No comments:

Post a Comment