Tuesday 8 December 2009

Rearranging the Furniture

Today I decided to empty the Wardrobe in the back room. All went well until I went to pick up books and I stumbled forward and slipped...

When I came to it was snowing and I saw a light in the distance. As I walked towards it I saw that it was a gas lamp but out here in the middle of a forest. "Bugger" I thought, "I'm in Narnia. Where's the exit?"

Anyway, I moved the wardrobe although it was touch and go for a while. I was a lot heavier than I expected and I thought if this topples over on me I'll never get out from under it. I managed to drag it into my bedroom and then transfer all the stuff back into it.

The I had a fun 3 hours of rebuilding my Hi Fi system. The big problem was me not being able to remember how I'd wired it up before. This was made all the more complicated by the stand having a hidden cable channel which basically meant I had to unplug elements and remove shelves more than once as I had to add/remove wires.

Still, at the end, when I powered on it worked! Even the plumbing from the PC.

All thats left is the heart-breakingly monotonous job of copying all my CDs onto the PC and then sorting my CDs and putting them away. That'll take a few days but the reward will be I can finally access the other door outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment