Saturday 19 December 2009

Problems with Booking

The morning was spent recovering but I did go down to reception to ask about the problem with my booking.

Last night I had a phone call in my room from reception saying that there was a problem with my booking. When I went down the bloke explained that in spite of my booking voucher I had in fact only booked 4 nights not 5! He also said that I should have waited for the confirmation from the hotel. I pointed out that the piece of paper in his hand, with 5 days on it, WAS the confirmation from the hotel as I had booked it from them directly. He said he'd look into and confirm with me later. I said "fine, tomorrow" and went back to my room.

When I went down, it turns out that there was nothing wrong with my booking but someone else with my surname had booked in too but for 4 days. Since I had already explained that when I checked in it would seem that although the receptionist spoke English, he was listening in Braille.

Midday I went back down to pick up my British foods delivery. A company has opened in Budapest to serve UK ex-pats with food and stuff from home. I spotted some bloke with a bag looking about and shouted to him and we quickly checked the bill and the stuff. I'd ordered several British beers in cans and i had no intention of taking them home! :D

(Guinness, Boddingtons and Caffreys, if you're interested)

No comments:

Post a Comment