Thursday 31 December 2009

Bit of a do

There was a bit of a do in the pub last night. a load of youngsters having some sort of meal and skittles. At the end they did a chant. (Hardly call it singing) No idea what it was, although as I didn't recognise them i suspect it was on the lines of "our village is better than yours"

As a result the pub stayed open longer than normal so my careful plan of coming out early so as to get the full 4 bottles of beer in got greatly overtaken.

This morning was cancelled, which was a shame as this was the last chance to get some beer in for the new years festivities for tonight.

This years was, for me, even quieter that last year, which I spent in a hotel room in Romania because everywhere was shut and the hotel had closed the bar. At least it had a mini bar whereas today I have nothing even mildly alcoholic, apart from aftershave.

No comments:

Post a Comment