Friday 1 January 2010

Today, I'm attempting both bread and quiche. Given how much time it takes to get the sour dough starter reactivated, I may just do the quiche.

The quiche took much longer than expected so I left the sour dough starter for another day. The quiche was pretty tasty I departed from the recipe somewhat by putting strong cheese on the pastry base before putting the filling in. Worked fine.

Went to the pub early and then watched the final Dr Who Xmas special. Fairly good except for a few plot hole I could drive a tank through but it was entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. It's flan, not quiche.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, definitely a quiche.

    Since I didn't actually mention the ingredients and the defining difference between quiche and flan are the ingredients I have the advantage of actually knowing whats in front of me.

    No pics as I've now eaten it!

    ReplyDelete