Thursday 7 January 2010

More Snow

Although, to be honest, cold as it is there seemed to be a partial thaw. Will have to remember to take some pictures tomorrow.

Made up some rabbit stew today. I've never cooked rabbit before so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect but I thought a stew was fairly safe. I cut the meat off the bones as best I could then fried the meat to caramelise it. When done I popped it in the stew-pot with the ingredients I'd already started. Then I fried the meat that was left on the bones and added that too. I topped up with water and some frozen chicken stock concentrate I made previously.

The rabbit seemed like chicken to cook so next time I'll dredge the meat in seasoned flour before frying. (In fact, I found this was common in recipes I found on the net later on!) I fired the bones with the idea that they would add some body to the stock and this seemed to work well too. Plenty left for tomorrow!

Oh yes, the pub was shut all day so an enforced dry night tonight. I'll get a crate of beer in the morning and stay away all weekend I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment