Thursday 21 January 2010

Snow Good

More snow today, quite a blizzard in fact. Not sure if the Kormend bus came or not but there was no post.

Spent the day defrosting the fridge.

I went into it earlier and all the drawers were covered in a sheet of ice. It looks like some ice had prevented the door from shutting properly. Obviously, the freezer was more or less on constantly to counteract this and the water vapour that got frozen out was constantly replenished.

Anyway, I "mechanically" removed the ice, ie bashed the ice with blunt instruments, and I also unplugged the toaster to speed things up. Um, well, I didn't intend unplugging the toaster, i thought it was the freezer but when I traced the cables I found that I'd turned to toaster off!

Worryingly, I found a sausage which not only was defrosted but was also warm. It was also a funny green colour.Not wanting to be a source of sausage poisoning I slung it out. (sausage poisoning is called Botulism, from the Latin for sausage botulus)

No comments:

Post a Comment