Friday 29 January 2010

Cold weather Snap

There's been nearly a week of sub zero temperatures but while the rest of the house is warm enough, the front bedroom is freezing. As a result I've moved my bedding to the small bedroom at the back which is much smaller.

I hope that this time next year I'll have some sort of wood-burning stove in the big bedroom and a wood burning cooker in the kitchen. I'll still be able to cook when the lights start going out all over Europe.

I moved my 4 little garlic plants to the window sill and this seems to have given them a new burst of life. In fact one of them I'd given up on germinating but its now 1/2" tall.


I re-potted the Rhubarb seedlings the other day and they are looking a bit peaky. Hopefully, one will survive long enough for me to plant out.

No comments:

Post a Comment