Sunday 14 February 2010

Beer

Made a quick visit to Steve to see how he's getting on. Seems to have plenty of food and Hobo pops in now and again so he's not going to starve to death over the weekend!

Started another brew today. Slightly different to the last one in that I used a different strain of yeast to the one that comes with it. I'll also let it stand for 2 weeks before racking it off into bottles. I'll start another batch almost immediately using yeast I intend to harvest from this batch. I'll also bottle this lot and then then use the barrel for the next batch. Should be an interesting experiment to see how the different conditioning environments work.

For future reference the OG was 1034.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to chat with you more about living in Hungary, why you did it, how you did it etc. Steve (your neighbour) has my email address, just so you know I'm not some web nutter :o). We are staying a couple of days with him in Sept when we are travelling around Europe by motorcycle. Look forward to hearing from you. Jakki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'll ask Steve tonight. Its a bit of a long story starting in 2003!

    ReplyDelete