Sunday 7 February 2010

There's a Rat in my Kitchen...

what am I gonna do? Well, OK I don't have rats in the kitchen, but I do have cats in the attic. The house is one storey with a ladder in the barn so if the can get in the barn, they can get in the attic.

Unfortunately, I can't. Get in the barn that is. I somehow managed to lose the key to the padlock.

A bit of a hangover today, due to the appalling game last night. Gave up watching 5 mins into half time

I went over to Steves to borrow a grinder off him to cut the lock off. Bit of a problem, the only extension cord I have is British while steves angle grinder has a European plug on it. After looking at the various options I cut the plug off a hungarian multiway and put a british plug on it. Home-made adapter!

Spent a brief time grinding the lock right up until I couldn't see anything in the sudden blizzard. Since electricity and water don't mix, except rather briefly, I took it into the garage and used a hacksaw to cut through the remaining sliver of metal.

With the lock off, a quick inspection saw no sign of errant beasties as I was half expecting Badgers (or wolverines!). I blocked up some of the more obvious entrances and locked the door again. I took the grinder back to Steve.

All was quiet for a few hours, which time I spent making Pork Goulash and planted a few tomato seeds. A few normal sized ones and a few Marmande which are a type of Beef Tomato.

Unfortunately the scampering came back and when I took a look, I spotted 2 cats. A black one and a grey one. In fact they looked like the pair that were chasing next doors chickens a few months back, well until the cockerel spotted them, then they did a feline VTOL up the fence.

I'll have to think of a way of evicting them but I don't fancy tromping about the attic as I KNOW its not safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment