Thursday 3 September 2009

Aphids

Well, i think I know what the problem with the Beans are now. What looks like greenfly and their black cousins. Not having any massed divisions of Ladybirds to sic on them I had a quick browse on google. I've sprayed them with a mild soap solution but apparently this needs to be repeated weekly. If that doesnt work, at least I'll have the cleanest beans in the village.

Scraped up all the dry grass from the from so it looks neat from a distance. The haystack is still the same size even though I put a large heap of new material in it.

As well as the usual cat doings on my plot I found a dead pigeon crawling with maggots and flies. I hastily buried it before adding my breakfast to the garden.

Its homecoming day on Saturday in the village so I'd best go to Körmend and get some supplies in.

Oh, also saw a dragonfly buzzing about the plot. Like a sort of insectile helicopter, hovering , reversing etc

No comments:

Post a Comment