Wednesday 9 September 2009

My 1st Cider Batch


My 1st Cider Batch
Originally uploaded by A John Walters

The bottles and demijons were delivered today. By the same chap. He seemed to be wondering what I was up to but Ihad no idea what he said!

The bottles looked either secondhand or have been stored in and old shed for a while as they were covered in dust. So I washed them all out and then sterelised the demijons.

Once I'd rinsed them out I racked off the cider. Since I was using a siphon I caught a mouthful of the stiff and its seems prety drinkable now! Defintely not apple juice now.

Cleaned out the fermatation vessal (posh word for a large bucket) and put my stout kit to work. I'll be able to mix my own poor mans black velvet in a few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Tried real black velvet once - didn't much like it! Rather have the champers and the Guiness in two separate glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do say in Ireland that a Black Velvet is a waste of good Guinness!

    ReplyDelete