Friday 4 September 2009

Gloves

Today I was having breakfast by half past six and of course it peed down by twenty five to seven! Well I was going to Körmend anyway today.

One surprise was the post lady bringing me a parcel from Amazon. Last time I looked it was due for delivery for the 8th!

After navigating through the conversation where I had to sign, where I had to use block capitals, I opened up my new tool. A sprayer for weed-killer. I'd come to the conclusion that sloshing expensive weed-killer about using a watering can is probably not the best way of applying it and, after not finding any Hungarian sites that sold them, I used Amazon UK. (Needless to say, I found a Hungarian site the day after!)

Went to Körmend. Luckily there was a break in the rain, light drizzle instead of stair rods.

I was quite pleased with my attempt at Hungarian in the one shop. I only used my dictionary outside to look up "gloves". Inside the shop it was pretty much automatic. The shop assistant would say something and I'd reply without thinking of the English phrase 1st then translating. Admittedly I only got the gist of what she was saying and my phrasing could have been better but I got what I wanted without pointing.

Got home just before the Thunder storm broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment