Tuesday 14 July 2009

Breer and Bread

Slept through the alarm. This is annoying as I cant do any work in the garden after 8am without running the risk of severe dehydration. I'll see what its like at 8pm tonight and if its cool enough, I'll do some digging instead of going to the pub.

I took my sourdough culture out of the fridge last night and gave it a quick feed. I put it in my stockpot this morning with a double measure of flour and water so it should be ready for baking bread this evening. I'm sure there was a metal mixing bowl here somewhere but cant find it.

The beer has a gravity of 1006 where its supposed to be 1000 before bottling/racking off. There's nothing I can do about it so I'll have to rack it off as is tomorrow and hope for the best. If its like the last batch I had then it'll be too sweet to drink.

Latest weather estimate is 28C by 8 O'clock! The pub it is then.

The coolest tomorrow will be 19C between 5am and 8am so I hope to be out in the garden then.

No comments:

Post a Comment