Tuesday 7 July 2009

Today managed to do some digging from 8:00am til 9:30am. Another 2 trenches. Found some real horrors under ground. Things about 3" long looking like white face huggers. Yuch. Whatever they were quickly got a heavy sod of turf on them.

My next door neighbour turned up and asked what I was doing. Seemed churlish to say "Digging" so I signed sowing seeds. She asked why didn't I use a tractor, told me her age and, after I was inside and worked it out, asked if it was just me or was there family.

After I dug the 2 rows I'd promised myself I did a bit of blade sharpening on the bill-hook. Whatever edge there is on it was put there with an angle grinder so its about as sharp as a spoon. Looks like I'll be using it a lot to hack my way through huge Horseradish roots.

Judit called around 10-ish with the bill for the work already done on the house. Didn't have change so will pay that after a trip to the local co-op tomorrow. (Holnap)

In the evening I cut out a basic path to the plot I'm digging up with the scythe. Worked quite well I thought.

Went to the pub and back home by ten!

UPDATE: The horrible looking grubs are European Chafer grubs if you want to google for some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment