Thursday 9 July 2009

frog


frog
Originally uploaded by A John Walters

I took there photo the day before yesterday but I'm trying to avoid the "wall of text" effect. The picture is of a very well disguised frog. A gold plated non-prize to anyone who spots it!

It rained today so it was indoors chores day. Managed to finish all the ironing and very nearly before I was brain dead from boredom too.

It brightened up a bit later and so I moved one of the bookcases into a gap I'd measure behind the door in the guest room. I moved about 4 or 5 boxes of books out of the garage/toolshed and stacked them on the shelves. Its a bit more homely now.

Had another go at putting and edge on the Bill hook. Probably does D6 instead of D4 now. (An in joke for those who know). Also filled up my storm lamp with insect repellent fuel. Managed to spill some all over my hands but did think that striking a match with hands covered in petrol was a "Bad Idea" so rinsed them off.

Made a pole for the apple tree to support one of the branches. Come Spring its gonna get a severe pruning. Got branches crossing, pointing downwards and all sorts. I'll expect a tutting from the neighbours as they don't seem to do it the same as the British but then the Brits grow more apples so we do know a thing or two.

Did another 2 rows in the evening and my other neighbour came across to see what I was doing. Now, I've marked off a block the size of a fair sized allotment in the UK and she called it my little garden. Shows the scale of the plots here really! She also identified a cherry tree as a chery tree and not a sour cherry tree or morrello type

8 O'Clock is knocking off time so time for a frosty one.

No comments:

Post a Comment