Wednesday 29 July 2009

Citromsav

I went to the shop for the bread and also discovered some Citric acid or "Citromsav". This is useful for both baking and brewing (as both are processes based on yeast its not really surprising.)

Breakfast was porridge with diced pear for a bit of flavour and texture contrast.

Started digging before 8am but gave it up at 9am due to the heat. Usual symptoms, sweat coming off like rain from the brim of my cap so I must be doing something right. Tomorrow may skip breakfast until after I've finished so I can start earlier.

Beans and peas are coming along nicely as is the grass.
Current State of Plot

Once I've finished the starter plot I can devote more of my precious morning "cool" time to maintenance, such as grass cutting and dealing with nettles. Nettle is easy though. The scythe loves them and they grow back weaker and weaker til they die off. I should keep some to eat, thinking about it, rather than just composting them. (Nettles are brilliant for compost as their roots bring up minerals from deep underground)

Oh Yes, yesterday Steve turned up with some Strawberries. I'm going to have to find somewhere to put them this evening so looks like I'll be digging again today!

No comments:

Post a Comment