Thursday 16 July 2009

Current State of Plot.

Current state of plot.
Current state of plot.
Originally uploaded by A John Walters

This morning it was well in the 20s when I started so I just planted 2 rows of beans and 2 rows of peas. I gave them a good watering and hopefully they'll have enough time to grow and pod. This is a riparian flood plain so the soil should be fertile. There's no chance of frost so I'm in with a chance.

Update on the homebrew last night. Tried it out but seems a bit on the weak side.

Moved the other bookshelf inside and emptied another 2 boxes




Japanese Knotweed

This is the dreaded Japanese Knotweed. Today I cut down some stems and carefully put them all in a bucket. A new plant can grow from just a piece of leaf so needs careful disposing of. To be honest the whole area had been strimmed twice so I'm not best pleased with the result.

The bucket I'll leave in the sun for a couple of days to dessicate them then I'll burn them on the pile of garden rubbish I got for a bonfire. Then, cut some more. Apparently this'll take 20 years whereas if I used weed-killer... it'll take 20 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment