Monday 27 July 2009

Pears

Market Day in Kormend again and I've missed it. This time its more of what could I need there rather than missing the bus. Still, I have to go to Kormend today anyway to get some meat supplies.

Discovered that you should put the bamboo cane supports for the beans as you sow them so as not to disturb the roots too much. So, although too hot for digging, I used up my bamboos making a frame for the beans. The peas will have to wait. Did a bit of light hoeing at the various weeds, which turned into a bit of a scything session clearing away from my initial little plot.

A first today. I picked a pear from my tree to try and it was perfectly ripe. Delicious and gave me my daily dose of wild yeasts and lacto-bacillus on the skin, the lack of which, in our too clean society, is why allergies and asthma have risen at such an alarming rate. So nice fresh pear, warmed by the Sun.

Later on I visited the Keelings and was given some of the needed paperwork for the registration card.

Had tea then showered and went to the pub. Finished the Stout so Tuesday is cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment