Saturday 11 July 2009

Went to the shop before 7am as it seems to run out of bread by about 8.

Later on I went to the house up the road where they have a sign advertising produce they sell. The gate was locked and the yard full of Alsatians so I wasn't about to hop over the fence. I rang the bell and a girl asked me what I wanted. I replied in my halting Hungarian, "eggs and tomatoes" then she asked me if I spoke German (In german of course). I;ve noticed this a lot that Hungarians will try German 1st before English so to their ears we sound like Germans when we speak Hungarian!

Got a kilo of tomatoes, a kilo of new potatoes and a half dozen eggs for the princely sum of 613 Forints, or about 2 quid. All fresh produce out of the garden.

After something to eat I managed to dig another 3 rows. I've been slipping behind the amount I've wanted to do and thought I'd take advantage of the cooler weather and try and do another row. Another reason is that this now places me exactly halfway through the plot I marked out. Good job I dont need to do this every year.

I also exchanged emails with the lawyer I had out here acting as an address for service for me. We agreed a sum of about 2000 euros for the past 4-5 years. Nice bloke but I really didn't want that bill ticking over. Even if this experiment isn't a success at least the letters can come here.

Next week I really neeed to start looking into getting a residence permit. Although you get 90 days to apply I've used up 14 without making a start so best get it over and done with.

No comments:

Post a Comment