Wednesday 8 July 2009

Got up nice and early for the shop. I managed to avoid the question about bread by asking for white bread. I'm guessing the last few times I went in and she waved 2 different loaves than one was white and the other brown. Seemed to work. Also got some sugar (cukor) and tried to get some butter. I ended up with Flora which I thought may be spreadable butter over here but no, it was margarine. Still, you have to use it regularly for 20 years before you run the risk of heart attack so I should be safe for just one slice of toast!

Had a package in the post, my mobile charger!

Paid the Keelings' bill and later on went up the street to find the place that sells eggs and tomatoes. Shut, of course, so on the way back I grabbed some essentials and caught the bus to Kőrmend. Managed to get the question right but then had an option thrown back at me I didn't understand. He tried German and, bugger me, I understood! The main bus station.

A nice trip considering and took about 20 mins.

Got some mole grips, rubber gloves and insect repellent fuel for my storm lamp then went to one of the Spas for some meat. Checking the dictionary, all the meat was pork (and I now know 3 words for Pig in Hungarian. I though English was bad enough for synonyms)

Got some salami and some suspicious looking bacon. Oh, and some real butter. Spreads are "voy" but butter is "teavoy" or literally "Milk spread" as near as I can make it.

Caught the bus home and noted the 2nd stop is the Kastély stop so thats the one I need to ask for next time.

Did some ironing and then brewed some beer. (Hence the sugar this morning. I never buy the stuff if I can help.)

Stopped raining as I'm cooking tea so much too late to do some digging. I' try tomorrow morning when I get up and do a bit before breakfast.

Steve's English biker mates turned up today so I'll probably go to the pub again. (Til now been trying every other night!).

Yup, went to the pub. Nice people!

No comments:

Post a Comment