Saturday 4 July 2009

I was up bright and early today and went to the shop before breakfast. Had a coffee then went to get the bus times to Kőrmend.

The bus times are a little sparse on the weekend so I may be able to get to Kőrmend but not get back! I'll wait til Monday.

I took a quick inventory of the trees. What I thought was a russet style apple tree is in fact a walnut tree. Weirdly the nut grows inside a fruit that looks a bit like an apple. What a n00b I am!
  • 3 apple trees
  • 1 dead tree (apple?)
  • 1 Xmas tree
  • 1 Walnut tree

Walnut Tree
Walnut Tree

There's also several patches of Wild Horseradish here and there, so any beef dishes I do will have freshly made horseradish to accompany it.

Marked out a plot for digging and managed to get the 1st trench dug by 10:30. It was 30C in the shade so I knocked off to go do some indoor chores before I got heatstroke or something. Will try and have another stab in the evening when its cooler.

Didn't go back out in the evening but did manage some ironing. A real pain with no ironing board. I have mentioned I forgot some stuff?

Had Roast Chicken for tea. Will have sandwiches later o too.

A little wrinkle with the electric supply means I can't boil the kettle AND have the washing machine on at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment